55 bookish questions tag is an idea I got from http://booksbeautyandcoffee.com/ and I thought it looked pretty fun so I guess I’ll try! So here I go! Wish me luck!
1. Favorite childhood book
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
2. What are you reading right now?
Heir of Fire (3rd book in the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas)
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Paper Towns By John Green
Ruby Red By Kerstin Gier
and many others 🙂
4. Bad book habit.
Starting a book in the middle of reading a different one then starting another one and then getting frazzled!
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.
The giver by Lois Lowry.
The iron trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare.
Heir of fire by Sarah J. Maas.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
Nope. I’ve read one on my mom’s once, though.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer to read one at a time, but that almost never happens.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
No, but I like finding people who have the same habits as me.
9. Least favorite book you read this year.
Maze Runner by James Dashner
10. Favorite book I’ve read this year.
The Darkest Minds! but it’s a close call to The Mortal Instruments series.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not very often. Maybe once a month.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
13. Can you read on the bus?
No. Way too much disturbances!
14. Favorite place to read?
Curled up on my bed.
15. What’s your policy on book lending?
I’ve only done it once and she gave it back the next day with nothing wrong so yeah. I don’t have any. Yet.
16. Do you dogear your books?
No. I get library books mostly so I don’t want to destroy them. I use random pieces of paper as bookmarks.
17. Do you write notes in the margins of your books?
Again no. The’re library books.
18. Do you break/crack the spine of your books?
Only on my copy of Divergent. Poor book.
19. What is your favorite language to read?
20. What makes you love a book?
If it’s Dystopian or has a lot of action and adventure and has funny characters. Plus a little bit of Romance.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
Pretty much anything to my best friend. She reads a lot if not more than me, so I always tell her the books I’m currently fangirling over. Yes, I just said fangirling. Don’t judge me. 😉
22. Favorite genre.
Young Adult; Fantasy.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
24. Favorite biography.
I don’t think I’ve read one.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? (And, was it actually helpful?)
26. Favorite cookbook.
More with Less cookbook. But I mostly just find recipes on Pinterest.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year: (fiction or non-fiction)
Uh, The Fault in our Stars.
28. Favorite reading snack.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Definitely, Maze Runner. Everyone I knew loved it but I just really didn’t.
30. How often do you agree with the critics about a book?
Almost never with real critics. But almost ALWAYS with Youtube book lovers’ channels. i.e. polandbananasBOOKS and Abookutopia.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don’t know. I kinda feel bad, because I don’t want to disappoint people who really love it buuutttt you gotta do what you gotta do…
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
French! Oui! Oui!
33. Most intimidating book I’ve read.
I don’t think I’ve read one. Maybe City Of Heavenly Fire, by the size of it!
34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin.
35. Favorite poet.
Edgar Allan Poe
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time?
probably 3 to 8
37. How often do you return books to the library unread?
only like 5 in like 3 years.
38. Favorite fictional character.
Nooooo why do I have to do this?!?! Ummmm maybe Simon from The Mortal Instruments? Or Jem from Infernal Devices? I DON’T KNOW! Let’s just go with Chubs from the The Darkest Minds. but simon….. No! Stop! No!
39. Favorite fictional villain.
My favorite love-to-hate villain is Clancy from The Darkest Minds.
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation
Across The Universe!
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Probably about a month, sadly.
42. Name a book you could/would not finish.
The Maze Runner!!
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Thinking of other characters in books, food, and my sister.
44. Favorite film adaption of a novel.
Harry Potter. Always.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation.
City of Bones. or maybe Beautiful Creatures! GRRRRR I’M STILL SO MAD AT BOTH!
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time.
I don’t buy books.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Rarely ever. That always ruins it for me!
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
If it sucked. plain and simple. or if it barely any dialogue.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes, but the order that they have to go back to the library.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read?
Keep them! A thousand times keep them! I’ll probably get buried with them when I die.
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?
Twilight obviously! or anything written by nicholas sparks
52. Name a book that made you angry.
The Selection. America is so annoying! She can’t make up her mind!”” “ooh Maxon, I love you” goes a day without seeing him “Wah, he’s avoiding me!” go’s to Aspen “I’ve never stopped loving you.” then see’s Maxon “Yes I have feelings for you.” Goes another day without seeing him and he’s calls for her “oh no he’s gonna kick me off!” Then they just start kissing again. “” Do you see why I’m mad yet?? 😉
53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did.
Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Since it’s Adult i didn’t think I would like it, but I loved it!
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t.
The Confessions of a Murder Suspect, really not as good as Maximum Ride.
55. Favorite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading.
Divergent! Everyone in my family thinks it stupid… that doesn’t stop me!